Hello everybody,

Recently, I have an opportunity to try Caress’s new line of body care products called “Evenly Gorgeous”. This new line consists of two exfoliating products: body wash and beauty bar. So far, I only reviewed one body wash (Johnson’s Softwash) and I wonder why. While I have about 3 body washes in rotation in my shower, I rarely finish any of them. It’s not because they’re not good – in fact, the reverse may be true – it’s just I’m really picky when it comes to the stuff than cleans my body. I may get excited on the first three washes but after that, most body washes become untouched and eventually get demoted to fancy liquid hand soaps.

Caress Evenly Gorgeous Body Wash and Beauty Bar

Which leads to this age-old question: how good is Caress Evenly Gorgeous exfoliating body wash anyways?


The answer is plain simple: it’s pretty good! This product is an interesting mix of moisturizing karite butter, yummy burned brown sugar, and fine sandy round beady exfoliating particles. Sounds good, isn’t it?

What got me is the smell: it is really delicious! “Burned brown sugar” is not a good description to it. This product smells like dessert with a little floral kick. It reminds me of a lighter version Mariah Carey “M” perfume without the woody notes. In fact, if Unilever decided to bottle up the scent, I’ll definitely buy. To me, dessert scented body washes are fun: you get the high of smelling it without the calories (and the guilt) of eating it. I usually hit up something like this after an intense workout. Life, all of the sudden, smells better already!


Moisture-wise, this body wash is just right. And this is the part I’m finicky about: I absolutely detest body washes that leave my skin either too dry or too greasy. As soon as I’m closer to finding an HG body wash, it becomes a flop. Hopefully, this new Caress body wash will not disappoint.

Caress Evenly Gorgeous Beauty Bar

For those who prefer beauty bars, Caress Evenly Gorgeous also has the bars for you (or your guy!) Like the body wash, the bar also has engrained exfoliating particles. I’m sure it also cleans you as well as the body wash does.
Ingredients (body wash): water, sodium laureth sulfate, polyethylene, cocamidopropyl betane, glycerin, acrylates copolymer, cocamide MEA, fragrance, glycine soja oil, Helianthus anuus seed oil, Butyrospermum parkii, molasses, maltodextrin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, PPG-9, propylene glycol, tetrasodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, caramel, blue 1, iron oxides, mica, red 33, titanium dioxide, yellow 6.
This product has good sources of moisturizers from sunflower seed oil, karite (shea) butter, soya oil, and glycerin. While this product uses sodium laureth sulfate, a common foaming ingredient, it does not use parabens as preservatives. To replace them are methylcholoroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone. In fact, Unilever phased out the use of parabens as preservatives a while ago already.

Here are the pros and cons:
  • Pros: good exfoliating body wash, smells delicious, moisturizing.
  • Cons: not really concentrated, contains SLS – a potential skin irritant, also contains artificial exfoliating beads.
My rating: B+

Price: $3.50 for 12 oz and $4.45 for 18 oz bottles of body wash; $2.99 for 2-bar pack up to $7.99 for 8-bar pack at food, drugstore and mass retailers

If you crave the skin quenching property of MAC Naked Honey but does not want to shell out a lot of cash, this new body wash is for you. At $3.50 per 12 oz bottle, Caress Evenly Gorgeous is a steal. Now, when I crave for some sweets, I can just simply head straight to the bathroom and take a shower!

That's all for today, folks! I hope you're having a wonderful week ahead!

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top