Hello everybody,

The weather has been so hot and humid lately. I feel like melting all the time. However, it does not stop me from doing a smokey eyes look. I blame my friend M for it. She showed up in one of our writing workshops with a Wet n Wild black eye and body liner stick and a black lipstick. They were from last Halloween's collection and Publix put them on sale for a quarter each. By the time I got there to search for them, only the stick was available. Nevertheless, it was a good purchase and it reminds me of MAC greasepaint stick a lot.

Smoke Out FOTD. It's smoke-licious!
What I used:
  • Art Deco eyeshadow primer
  • Rimmel London Glam'Eyes in Midnight Jewel
  • WnW Fantasy Makers Enchanting Body Wand (or MAC greasepaint stick in Slick Black)
  • Everyday Minerals blush in Wet Sand
  • Rimmel Max Volume Flash mascara
  • L'Oreal HiP eyeliners in Black Shock and Gold Charge
  • Urban Decay XXX Shine gloss in Quickie
  • Korres face primer (not shown)
  • Formula D Minerals foundation
  • L'Oreal True Match concealer in C4-5


Eyes

  • Apply ArtDeco eyeshadow primer on your eyelids, blend well with finger
  • Apply Body Fantasy Enchanting Body Wand in black on your eyelid, blend it with ELF eyeshadow brush
  • On the area that has the black body wand, apply Midnight Jewel with the same ELF eyeshadow brush. Then blend it out to the crease without applying any extra eyeshadow, using EcoTools crease brush
  • Highlight with Wet Sand, using EcoTools highlight brush
  • Line your eyes with L'Oreal HiP Black Shock on the upper lash line and Gold Charge on the lower lash line
  • Curl your eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Rimmel London Flash Volume Lash
Closed eye

Semi-close eye, you can see the gold eyeliner here
Face
  • Apply Korres face primer to your face
  • Use ELF Studio powder brush, apply mineral foundation.
  • Set the foundation with The Ultimate Powder
  • Under eye concealer: apply L'Oreal True Match concealer with a concealer brush (I used a foundation brush instead, please don't ask me why!), then set it with The Ultimate Powder using Swirled Cosmetics kabuki brush
  • Blush: apply Dandelion blush to your cheeks, using a blush brush
Lips
  • Apply Urban Decay XXXShine lipgloss in Quickie to your lips and voila, you're done!
A quick word about the Korres primer

Before: my freshly applied makeup face
After: about 6 hours later, with a bow :)
The Korres face primer I used is this one. I got a sample from Sephora, now opened inside a JCPenney in my hood. I was impressed at the list of ingredients and the fact that it doesn't have silicone or dimethicone (my face's archenemy.) While it does not give me any zits, the holding power is not that superior. You can see how greasy my face look after some time. It would probably work in the wintertime. But for the extreme Southern summer heat and humidity, this primer does not hold up so well.

Also, please don't buy that concealer! It's evil! It enhanced the uneven texture underneath my eyes like I've never seen before. Just promise me you won't buy it, ok?

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top