Hi everybody,

Recently*, I got a chance to try out CLEAN's newest product: the Anti-bacterial moisturizing hand cream. It arrived at the right time as my BFF and I made our way to Tennessee. The road trip involved 8 hours of butt-numbing drive each way and as money conscious people, we packed food and ate in the car. Also, the acrid temperature of summer really sucked the moisture out of my skin. This product was a life-saver. Not only does it have anti-bacterial property, it also moisturizes my hands pretty well. On top of that, the tube is small enough for me to tuck in my bag. Swell, huh?

CLEAN anti-bacterial moisturizing hand cream ($10 at Sephora)

CLEAN anti-bacterial moisturizing hand cream, all 30 ml of it, is contained in a tube with a flip top. The tube is sleek white and small enough even to stash in my jeans pocket. Also, it is a an alcohol-free anti-bacterial product, which is great for those whose skin does not prefer alcohol.

See how small it is?
The consistency of this hand cream is between that of a lotion and a butter. It is not too thick but not too thin either. As Goldilocks would say, "It's just right!" Although I thought it would be hard to spread, the hand cream is quite easy to rub on my skin. It does not smell like anything, completely scentless, and dries really fast. It does not pill like the regular alcohol-base hand cream at all.

A drop of this hand cream is enough to moisturize my hands
Does it moisturize? Yes, it does, thanks to avocado, grape seed, and jojoba oils. Does it have anti-bacterial property? Yes, it does, as well, all thanks to 0.2% benzethonium chloride. This will give you up to 4 hours of anti-bacterial protection to a wide spectrum of bacteria, including MRSA. Compared to triclosan, benzethonium chloride does not have such a bad rep when used within allowed concentrations (0.1-0.2%)

While it is effective and scent-free, the amount of product in this tube is not that abundant. The above pictures were taken after the trip and I used the CLEAN anti-bacterial moisturizing hand cream very sporadically.
Active Ingredient: benzethonium chloride 0.2%
Inactive ingredients: water, stearic acid, dimethicone, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Vitis vitifera (grape) seed oil, beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, famesol, BIS behenyl/isostearyl/photosteryl dimer dilinoleyl dimer dilinoleate, glycol stearate, triethanolamine, tetrasodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, carbomer, BHT, imidazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben
*By "recently" I meant a month ago. Seriously, I'm waay behind in this blogging biznet. I really need to catch up.

Disclaimer: this product was lovingly furnished by a CLEAN representative. It works for me as both an anti-bacterial product and a hand cream. For My Makeup Blog's disclosure policy, click here.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top