Hi everybody,

Since I haven’t been doing a review lately, I think it’s time to write one. Reviewing products is a love-hate relationship: you get the joy of exploring a new product but after too many reviews later, you start to question the sincerity and validity of your own words. I’m lucky to have a mix of things in my blog: reviews, how-tos, tips and tricks, charted and diagrammed fotds, previews, and (funny) pictures. But again, I try to moderate myself with things, especially reviews.

Today’s review is quite different: I have the products for a while but did not dare to use them because they are so cute! Just look at one of ‘em and see for yourself:

Front

Back

Isn’t it cute?

This is the GWP I got when I bought stuff from Eyeko. They gave me some of their uber cute Eyeko Face Off Cleansing Wipes and although I was very curious, I did not want to crack open a pack of wipe. But I had to be brave and do it for y’alls. So here it goes, an opened wipe:

It's a bit bigger than the palm of my hand


The wipe is really soft and pre-moistened. It is actually softer than MAC wipes and way softer than EDM wipes that I have. The size of an Eyeko wipe is about 2/3 of a MAC wipe and packed neatly inside an individual pack. For those who travel frequently in short trips, stashing some Eyeko wipes with you is actually a good thing so you don’t have to bring anything back home. Also, with these wipes, you dodge the liquid container regulation at the airport. You can bring a whole lot of ‘em without fear of having your liquid makeup remover thrown away.

The wipe is gentle and removes (almost) everything on my face. The first time I used, it removed most makeup but I felt like needing a second wipe to finish the job since the size of the Eyeko wipe is small. The second time around, I did not have as much makeup on so one wipe was sufficient. It has a mild, almost undetectable fragrance.

That's a dirty wipe for ya!
(ewww!)
Ingredients: water, Isopropyl palmitate, Coco glucoside, dicaprylyl carbonate, octyldodecanol phenoxyethanol, glyceryl oleate, sodium cocoyl glumate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylisothiazolinone, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), Aloe barbadensis leaf (aloe vera), propylene glycol, bisabolol, parfum.
A shot at the list of ingredients

And here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Toteable: it is so small and flat that you can sneak one in your purse (or even wallet!)
  • Soft: although I love EDM wipes for the price, I would prefer a softer wipe (with a softer price!)
  • Removes makeup dutifully: that’s what makeup wipes do, right?
Cons:
  • Not sure if flushabe or biodegradable: there’s no indication in the package of the aftermath of these wipes and I do not dare to flush them down the toilet;
  • Too much packaging: this is the trade off of the tote-able size, packaging. But using these once in an emergency while is ok, I guess;
  • The price: it ain’t cheap if you calculate per-unit price (5 pounds for 20 wipes, that's 25 pence per wipe, or 40 cents in US currency!) . I would not use Eyeko wipes by itself but to have some in the bag for the rainy days, it’s alright.

So, would I buy it? Probably, but don’t quote me on this.

Rating: B/ B+, it does the job but per-item price and packaging kind of kills the mood. Overall, Eyeko Cleansing Wipes do their job and they are really cute!

If you plan to purchase from Eyeko website, please use code E177. For your purchase of £10 and above, you’ll get a free gift with the code. Also, shipping is free!

I hope you’re enjoying your day. As always, stay gorgeous!

Love,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top