Hi everyone,

This turns out to be a Maybelline kind of week as I have 3 products I would like to review. I don't know since when did this makeup line has become good but I remember the old days when all I could afford were Maybelline mascaras. Full and Soft waterproof mascaras to be exact. While they were really cheap back then (less than 3 bucks circa 2003!), those Maybelline mascaras smudged!

Since I came to Vietnam, I haven't purchased a single mascara. I depended on friends and relatives to supply me with mascaras and I use them as sparingly as possible. My friend Christine from MacNunu took pity of my demise and sent me a care package full of makeup! She included The Falsies Volum' Express waterproof mascara and Lash Stiletto for me to try. I tweeted her to ask which one I should use first and she replied, "The purple one!"

Now, here's a thing about Asian bloggers: we know mascaras. As we have straight and short lashes, mascaras are our best friends. On top of that, we tend to have oily skin and Asia is full of humidity. Hence, I would take advice on waterproof mascaras from my fellow Asian beauty bloggers.

As Christine said the stuff was good, I busted open the purple mascara and gave it a test drive. The juice was really thin upon opening and reminded me of my favorite Japanese mascara called Heroine Make! And y'all know how insanely waterproof that mascara is. In fact, except for the banana boat shape wand, The Falsies is Heroine Make packed in a purple tube.

It is one baAad waterproof mascara! I've tried a lot of mascaras in my life and except for a few (Voluminous waterproof and Heroine Make), the rest tend to smudge after a certain amount of time. But this one is tough with a capital T! I wore it for 8-10 hours under deep heat and humidity but this thing refused to budge. It does not flake, it does not even move an inch. One tough cookie.

With that said, it's also difficult to remove. I use an oil base mascara remover to take it away from my lashes and I always have to do so twice. This is one clingy mascara, yo!


The wand is something I like: the banana/boat shape wand is flexible. At first, it was hard for me to control but after a while, it became second to nature. If I want curl, I would just leave the wand as is. However, if I want to push my lashes way up, I'd flip the wand concave side up and use it to push my lashes up high. Also, since the wand is big, I don't need to do the wiggle as I have enough coverage already. However, the formula tends to dry really fast and clumps when dried so I have to work it as fast as possible. The good thing is the mascara is very fluid.

My bare nekkid lashes
After 2 coats of The Falsies
Since I had to stop and take pictures in between coats (and the picture of my lashes after the first coat was blurry!), clumping happened. As I mentioned earlier, this mascara is buildable but you have to build it before it dries. However, the lengthening and curling power is mad, mad I'm telling you! The Falsies does live up to its name. My lashes are actually longer now than before but they are not noticeable without mascara. And this one takes it to the next level. Christine is right, this mascara is awesome!

Two funny digressions:

  1. After receiving the care package, I went to interview someone at L'Oreal Vietnam and guess what I saw? A display of The Falsies mascara at the front office! Maybelline does have this mascara here in Vietnam and I could have bought it here. In fact, Maybelline Vietnam only has 2 or 3 types of mascaras here and this purple one is their best-seller.
  2. I've noticed lots of my male friends have long and curly giraffe lashes. Like, why, why do some men have such beautiful lashes while us women need a gallon and a half of mascara a day to coax ours out?

That's all for now. Thank you, Christine, for sending me this awesome mascara! I really love it!

How about you? Have you tried Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express waterproof mascara?

With lots of mascara love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top