So many of you love to ask me on my fs how I always find cheap air tickets and decide which hotel to stay in whenever I travel, so I've decided to do a blog post to answer all your queries (: Hope I didn't leave anything out!

-
1. JOIN AIRLINES' MAILING LIST FOR LATEST PROMOTIONS

Here are the ones that I've subscribed to. Budget airlines for short haul flights, and better ones for longer flights ( > 4 hours)

Jetstar Asia (has promotion every Friday)
Airasia (doesn't fly to BKK international airport Suvarnabhumi)

My favorite budget airline...

It's comfortable, spacious and affordable! I always try to fly back via Scoot whenever I go BKK!

These airlines tend to run promotions from time to time, especially budget airlines so you gotta keep checking! Also I heard that Jetstar has the biggest sale every last Friday of the month. 

Tips : 
- Pay at Sam machine if there are various payment options. You get to save on the credit card misc charge
- Check your two way flights on separate airlines. It's not necessarily cheaper to book two way under same airline
- Manually choose your luggage limit and just pick hand carry baggage if you're going on a short trip
- Don't choose seat beforehand to save a few $$
- Don't take insurance if you dare to risk it
- Get a travel neck pillow, especially for long haul flight!
- Print out your flight itinerary and keep it with your passport

2. BOOK HOTEL

If you're anal about your hotel like me, then you need to do RESEARCH RESEACH RESEARCH!!
As I grow older, I'm more particular about my hotel cos it's gonna be "home" for me when I'm overseas. Sometimes even when I travel alone, I'll still get a suite for myself hehe.

Usually, I'll look through hotels via these two websites cos it's user-friendly and provide good information :
HOTELS.COM

SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST TO THESE HOTEL "AGENTS" AS WELL. HOTELS.COM ALWAYS HAS 10% DISCOUNT CODE FOR THEIR SUBSCRIBERS!

After I've shortlisted a few hotels, I'd search them on http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels for real pictures taken by travellers. You know how some hotels put up deceiving pictures of the rooms, so by going through tripadvisor you get a better idea of the rooms (: 


So this is the hotel I'm staying in next week!

Make sure you get hotels that are near MRT station or in central so it's easier to travel.

3. WHEN YOU ARE THERE

- Make sure you have your hotel address in the local language so you can show the cabbie in case y'all can't communicate
- Get a 3G sim card from the airport. DON'T USE YOUR PHONE DATA COS IT'S SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE!!
- Keep your money separately, in your wallet, vanity pouch, camera pouch so you won't lose all your money  if anything happens.

I always use tripadvisor to search for nice food and interesting places to go in a country also. Favorite travel online guide!


I can't really think of anything else, hope this guide helps you wanderlust girls out there (:
 Have a happy weekend 

XX,
Sophia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top