Hi everyone,

Last week, I realized my passport was about to expire. After filling what seems like a million pieces of paperwork, I was ready to submit them to get a new passport. However, I still needed one thing: passport photo. From past experience, I realize doing a smokey eyed look with nude lips for passport photo is not a good strategy. The photographer is no Richard Avedon and most of the time, you get florescent light instead of studio light. So if you do the smokey eyed, your pictures may end up with you looking tragic in it. And I am not even kidding you, I have proof. But to save your soul, I am not going to share :)

And this was what I came up with:

Peach & Cream FOTD
The players: MAC Blacktrack gel liner, Studio Sculp NC35 concealer (it's too dark for me!), Formula D Mineral's eye shadows in Bella, Quirky, Peach & Cream, and Granite, MAC lip glass in Sock Hop, Rimmel London lipstick in Crush, various brushes, (not shown) Formula D Mineral's foundation, The Ultimate Powder, (not shown) Flushed blush, various pencils

Eyes


  • Apply Peach & Cream on the inner half and Quirky on the outer half of the eye, using ELF eyeshadow brush. With EcoTools shading brush (the chubby one), blend the two colors together where they meet.
  • With EcoTools crease brush, contour the outer-v and half way to the crease with Granite. Since it is a dark color, use as little as possible.
  • With the same brush, pick up Bella to highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eyes area.
  • Using MAC 266, apply Blacktrack liner and wing it out at the end.
  • Fill in the brow with an eyebrow pencil and smooth it out with the eyebrow/lash comb.
  • Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
  • Optional: apply a silver or white eyeliner to the lower lash line to make your eyes look more wide awake.
Neutral but not smokey :)
Face
  •  Apply The Ultimate Powder as a primer to your skin, using ELF Studio powder brush.
  • With the same brush, apply mineral foundation
  • With a concealer brush, apply MAC Studio Sculpt concealer to the under eye area and blend well.
  • Set the foundation and concealer with The Ultimate Powder.
  • With Sonia Kashuk flat top blush brush, apply Flushed to your cheeks.
Lips
  • Apply Rimmel London Crush to your lips and top it with Sock Hop lip glass.
  • Use NYX lip liner in Natural to line and define the shape of your lips.
Another shot of moi :)
 It was so hot that day, my face almost melted. My passport photo came out all right. It could have been a lot better but heat and humidity almost melted me away. Anyways, I got my passport back super quick because I spent extra money to expedite it. You will never know when you'll need your passport so please keep it as current as possible.

 That's all, folks! I'll announce the winner of UPrinting business card giveaway later today. Please come back to see if you are the winner.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top