Hi everybody,

If I did not buy Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality facial serum back in February, I don't know how my skin would have become now. It was a moment of desperation when my skin just broke out uncontrollably. Regardless the amount of benzoyl peroxide I piled on my face, my skin still went ka-ray-zee. The more benzoyl peroxide I used, the more sensitive and red my skin became. And I could feel the sting on my face. Yes, it was very painful. When New Leaf market had a sale on Avalon Organics Vitamin C, I decided to give it a try and bought a bottle. It cost me 17 dollars and so far, that was the best 17 bucks I have ever spent. And yes, it was like miracle, this stuff actually saved my face!

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality Facial Serum
This year probably marked the second biggest change in my skin. The first wave came when I was in 6th grade and started to have zits. Now, I still have zits but instead of having oily skin, now I am a proud owner of my own dry/normal and sensitive skin. Yes, and I speak about it very sarcastically.



The glass bottle with the pump, 1oz of serum goodness inside
To be honest, I would probably be the last person on Earth to use organic skincare. The thing is, I was quite happy with my regular, non-organic skincare products that I found no reason to switch at all. If it ain't broke, why fix it, right? Also, I always thought organic skincare products are expensive and maybe ineffective. Nuh uh, not this one. While it is a serum, it feels like a watery lotion to me. As I continued using benzoyl peroxide, I could not use vitamin C or any other antioxidants at the same time because they negate each other. So, I applied this serum in the daytime underneath my sunscreen and benzoyl peroxide at night.

After the first week, I noticed the amount of zits came down significantly. Also, the ones that were still there did not hurt me as much anymore. After the second or third week, I totally nixed benzoyl peroxide and used it as a day and night cream. The thing about this product is it absorbs quickly and made you think it does not moisturize enough. However, it does contain water-attracting ingredients such as glycerin to keep your skin moisturized all day. My skin did not feel tight or under-moisturized at all. After a month of constant use, I saw some glow on my face and the scars I had started to fade as well.

Since February, I've used about 3/4 of the bottle. The amount of serum I have is around the second line from the bottom.
Since then, I started using other products from Derma E and Lancer Dermatology but this is a product I go to whenever I feel like my skin is getting out of control. While it has other types of moisturizers in the jar, I prefer the pump a lot more. Air can oxidize the antioxidants and render them useless when you have a wide open jar. With them pump, you have an option to close it when you don't use it and it also minimizes air exposure as well. It's a tip I learned from my friend Gio :)

Ingredients (from drugstore.com):
Lavendula Angustifolia (Organic Lavender), Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomille), Camellia Sinensis (White Tea), Arnica Montana Extract (Organic), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Juice (Organic), Emulsifying Wax, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Vegetable Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Olive Squalane, Helianthus Annuus (Organic Sunflower) Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glyceryl Laurate, Lemon Bioflavonoids, Melatonin, Organic Borago Officinalis (Borage), Linum Usitatissimum (flax seed oils), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Oil, Soy Lecithin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Laminaria Digitata Kelp Extract, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Extracts (Organic), Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate, Amodimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol
Last but not least: if you use vitamin C, you should use sunscreen on top of it when you go out. Otherwise, you may get sunburn. Also, I found this serum to temporarily change my skin pH and make my mineral foundation oxidize quicker. Therefore, most times my foundation ended up looking darker. A good primer will eliminate that.

That's all for now. This product is not that expensive ($19.99-$23.99 depending on where you get it) and it's available in a lot of places beside health food store. So far, I found it at Target and Walgreens but the price is cheapest at the local health food store.

Disclaimer for FTC et al: I bought this product for my personal use. I like it so much so I did a review. It's my own experience and what works for me may or may not work for other people. For other information regarding My Makeup Blog's disclaimer policy, click here.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top